Visit the Care4Air Website

Tuesday 17 February 2009

I am amazed how easy this car is to charge up and drive. I had an uneventful drive home last night and back again this morning. I am told that without government subsidy the electrical adaptation makes the car £30,000 instead of the normal price of £8,000 for a two Smart. This clearly makes the car unaffordable at the moment but I presume this price will come down as the car goes into mass production. I am also told by Andrew Whittles of CENEX that the approx. cost of charging the vehicle is between 50p and £1. I am getting a Smart Meter delivered today so I will be able to use that to tell me exactly how much electricity is used to charge and therefore the cost. I will report back. If there are any technical questions relating to the Smart EV then Andrew has kindly agreed to help. You can contact him on andrew.whittles@cenex.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment